One day for supervisors/managers who would cascade the training.
Half day for others.
Who the course is for
An overview of the main points to be aware of in terms of protecting ourselves and others from a range of infectious agents, particularly blood borne infections.
Aimed at, for example, voluntary sector staff, social services staff (residential staff, home carers), refuse waste staff, housing staff who make home visits and deal with voids. In addition, certain other occupational groups have requested this training previously, e.g. drug workers, leisure centre staff who work in saunas, gyms and swimming pools.
To reduce the incidence of workplace infection.
By the end of the course participants may have explored:
- The main routes of infection.
- The main sources of infection.
- Legal aspects of infection control.
- Hand washing.
- Management of sharps and disposal of waste.
- Confidentiality and sharing personal or sensitive information.
The full 1 day course includes exercises that are designed to help managers and supervisors cascade their learning to others. Additional aspects may include:
- Cascading techniques – a mini training the trainers.
- Prevention interventions with injectors.
- Workplace specific exercises.