Who the course is for
Employers, managers, human resources and personnel staff.
To help organisations respond to the issues relating to drugs in the workplace.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Have explored the impact of drug and alcohol use on the workplace.
- Know the possible benefits of dealing with the issues.
- Be more drug and alcohol aware.
- Know the main legal issues.
- Understand the importance of drug policy development.
- Be able to identify patterns of work performance and physical behaviour which could indicate a drug or alcohol problem.
- Be more able to manage drug and alcohol related incidents and address potential drug and alcohol problems in the workplace.
- Have examined the key issues relating to drug testing and screening in the workplace.
- Understand what treatment and information is available and how to access it.
The course includes:
- Misuse of Drugs Act and Section 8 (how some staff can be held legally responsible for cannabis use on the premises).
- Health and Safety implications of drugs in the workplace.
- Responding to drug incidents.
- Prevention interventions with injectors.
- Disciplinary, support and treatment options.